- October 17, 2016 at 8:04 pm #3210
Novel Blogs AdminKeymaster
Just a quick note about recent changes to Contact Forms. This change only applies to new sites. If you have a site created prior to today, this will not affect you. I’m posting this to keep people in the loop about changes to the platform.
1. Shortcodes – When new sites are created, they will contain Contact Forms that are coded to automatically include the reviewer’s email address, blog name, and URL (via shortcodes) in key email and message body fields for pre-loaded forms (Author Interview, Contact Us, Cover Reveal, and Review Request). New reviewers will only need to update their Author Interview questions. This removes several steps and lots of confusion that new reviewers experience when building their sites.
You can add these shortcodes to your own blog’s Contact Email Header and Message Body fields (e.g. To, From, and Message).
- admin_email – Your admin email. This is set in Dashboard > Settings > General
- name – Your blog’s name (e.g. Travel Novels)
- url – Your blog’s URL (e.g. travel.novelblogs.com or travelnovel.com)
2. reCaptcha – New blogs will also come equipped with reCaptcha on the forms to prevent spam bots from abusing your sites. If you would like to add this to your site, please do the following:
- Open this link and sign up – https://www.google.com/recaptcha/intro/index.html
- Go to Dashboard > Contact > Integration
- Enter your Site Key and Secret Key
- Add the reCaptcha shortcode to your form just above the Submit button (Form tab)
If you have a new site and map a domain to it, you’ll need to get your own Site Key and Secret Key (following the steps above).
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.